Thursday, January 31, 2013

Misun - Harlot


Misun is a D.C. area band who, if I'm not MISUNderstanding things, are named after their vocalist, Misun Wojcik (it's actually pronounced 'me-sun').  She is supported by producers William DeVon and Nacey.  They started putting out music as a trio this past year, and 'Harlot' is their first release of 2013.  It's catchy.  I'm a sucker for those choppy guitar strokes, but what is most impressive about this group is their musical versatility.  Their other tracks range from dance music to pop to indie, all with hints of music from decades past.  Misun deftly varies her vocal stylings accordingly, sounding like an R&B crooner on one track and then an alt rocker on the next.

I'm hoping they continue to keep their sounds fresh and different.  I'd hate to see them settle into one musical niche when they have such a talent for variety.

Listen/Download:


I also highly recommend checking out their Soundcloud page for the rest of their free releases and their debut EP, The Sea.  It's a fitting name for their self dubbed 'aquawave' music genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment